Sunday, June 22, 2008

Skeletons, Versailles, & Barcelona!

Hola!

Lots to catch up on...

I went to the Catacombs on Tuesday and saw a buttload of skeletons stacked on top of one another. FUN FUN FUN. i think i got dead people juice on my shirt because it dripped from the ceiling. they checked our bags at the end to make sure no one stole any bones haha and right next to the people were a pile that they had caught people stealing! The skeletons were people that died from battles or disease and Paris ran out of space to bury them so they just made a underground thing and stacked them up there. GROSS. no offense to the dead.

I bet the one on the left was super hot with a little bit more meat on him..

Wednesday CIBER organized a trip to Versailles. we got these geeky/awesome headgear stuff that let us listen in English to a electronic tour guide as we walked through all the different rooms inside. Then we went outside into the gardens and had a blast although i didn't like the sand in my flip flops and the hot hot hot weather. Versailles was really pretty.

Chapel


Hall of Mirrors


from the outside looking at the museum


pretty


for chinky eyes.. i miss you!

Thursday - Sunday I was in Barcelona, Spain! :D
We got there Thursday night and went out to eat at this place called La Princessa 23. I shared a tapa with Kristin that was egg and potatoe and garlic bread with fresh tomato sauce smeared on it. YUM.
and I also got a GIANT sandwich. needless to say it was AWESOME. especially when you have been living off of cereal and baguettes!

Friday was the day at the beach. The beach was sandy, unlike the ones in Nice. I really liked the clear water, it was so clean! Since it was a trip with all girls, we all decided to go TOPLESS. yes, i laid full frontal towards the mighty Sun on the Barcelona Beach. Yes, people saw my boobs. I have to say, it was pretty liberating and wonderful. :D (no pictures here.)
random building thing people hardcore making out

La Playa

We also stopped at a Japanese place to eat and Meagan and I shared a hamburger with onion sauce that turned out to be chopped sweat meat on a cracker. ONE cracker. 9.50 euros. These people need to suck it.
That night we all went out to search for a club/bar and stumbled upon a club called Roxy promoting American Apparel. Funny thing, it was an invitation only bar but they let us in. and it was OPEN BAR all night. Funnier thing, someone kicked a broken glass cup straight into my foot and cut my foot open. Larissa took me home early :( I also couldn't drink because of my throat (i'm sick.). but the girls had fun! :D we also went to a 5 story Zara!

Saturday we started off the day with a trip to the farmers' market where hundreds of farmers gather to sell fresh fruits, chocolates, meat, etc. I had a mango-coconut fruit smoothie that was FRESH and yummy! i also had a chocolate that almost made me overdose and die from happiness.



chocolate.......
We went shopping and I bought this crazy printed romper at H&M! lol
The rest of the day was spent on a bike in a bike tour through Barcelona for 4 hours. I have not been on a bike since the age of 8, except little bikes for kids with training wheels. So, lots of crap happened such as running roller skating people over, bumping into old men, flashing the entire city of Barcelona with my green reindeer underpants as I rode by in my yellow dress and most of all, getting left behind by the group b/c I ran too many people over. Luckily, I was found and saved. Sigh. My buttcheeks hurt even now and It was the first time in a long time that I wished I was taller with longer legs that didn't require me to jump off the bike everytime i wanted to stop.

If the picture was bigger you'd see how scared I was...


Gaudi's magnificent creation that is being built even to this day.

After the bike tour it was dinner at La Princessa again but this time I shared nachos with Frances that were full of chicken, beans, cheese, and guacamole and I also found a liking for Hummus.... :)

The Spanish is very different from the French. They are loud, passionate, and a lot friendlier, sometimes too friendly.... Everyone's tan so I fit in. All in all the weekend was fabulous but it does take a lot out of you! I'm leaving for Brussels and Amsterdam in 4 days for a whole nother weekend. That will put me at 4 countries in One week.
I hope I never forget this trip and all it has taught me.

Tell next time, Adios!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You girls look sooo fabulous in all of your going out pictures!

Kristin said...

love your burger on a cracker pic. classic.

.sabo skirt. said...

Why were you not updating your blog anymore? Hoping you'd be back soon. :)

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com