



Today was busy busy busy. I went to school and had a welcome lunch. They served us salads with cantaloupe and bacon fat, bland fish and milky rice for entree, and creme caramel and espresso for dessert haha. i only liked the dessert part. but i ate most of it for good measures. after all, why not? We went to the Notre Dame today! Gypsies came up to us telling us sad stories and showing us pictures but we tried to get by. The cathedral is beautifully magnificant. I walked past all the sculptures and paintings on the walls, listening to the ancient cathedral music (haha i don't know what you call it). I sat on the pews int eh front of the church and gazed at the stained-glass windows for a long time. I said a prayer and made a wish in that church. It was truly an amazing experience. We tried to go find the city's best ice cream but ended up talking to some French guy who thought I was Thai. haha. He was like "your origin from Thailand?" He also kicked up his leg like a dog about to pee when we told us we were from Texas. He said "chuck norris?" hahahhahaha! He thought hamburgers in TX are tasty! lol
The French Open was right next to us tennis and all on a giant TV by the hotel de Ville.



We then went to the river boat excursion. FUN FUN FUN. We took a boat (huge) down Seinne River through Paris. I saw so many amazing sights. and lots of couples sitting
by the riverbank kissing. In fact there was one on our boat kissing the entire time! EWW. b/c they were like 12 and 15 years old and he grabbed her boobs. :/*the torch is where princess Diana died. people pay omage to her by putting flowers there everyday.

The day ended with going to Longhop (a bar owned by a Longhorn alum) but got lost and ended up with 20 other people from our program at this bar playing American music. We all got shots and it was pretty damn amazing. I had a cubana mix (mango, strawberry, rum) shot and others had carmel condom and after 8 lol
Carmel condom involved fire and sucking on straws ;) and some other shot involved a huge syringe squirting into the girl's mouth by the waitress! all the waitress/bartenders wore masks covering their eyes! We danced in a huge bundle and jumped to the silly american songs like "can't touch this" by MC hammer or gwen stefani!
The bar was followed by a one hour walk home that killed my swollen feet.



I hope my stories are bringing joy to your lives. and that you're having ag reat time in America whereever you are!
P.S. the wine here contains 11% alcohol, more than in America. I bought a bottle with my roommate for 1 euro. :D
P.P.S. the bread/bakery (passiere) is amazing!

1 comment:
Chuck Norris starred in a TV show called "Walker, Texas Ranger", so that's why the French guy mentioned him when you said you were from Texas ;)
Post a Comment