Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's not the END.

Looks like this will probably be my last entry unless something profound finds me tomorrow.

This whole trip has been more amazing than I could ever fathom. I learned a lot about myself, the way people live, and patience. Traveling through Europe has opened my eyes to so much more opportunities and created dreams that I hope to one day make come true. Time has passed by way too quickly and I feel myself feeling a sense of nostalgia before I even leave this beautiful and strange city. I am still very much American. And this experience has taught me to appreciate the beauty in being an American. I don't know who to thank for everything that has happened to me, the good, for all the happiness it brought, and the bad, for all the lessons it has taught me. So I'll leave it to the Big Guy upstairs. He's pretty amazing.

Tomorrow will be my last day here in Paris. I leave Saturday morning and arrive in Austin at 10pm. 4 hours will be spent in Houston airport doing nothing. I hope I survive.

Paris, when I met you, it was purely physical. I quickly fell in love with your charm and beauty. Your intrigue drew me closer to you. With the passing of time I became wary of you, blamed you, and even hated you. But you have taught me more than I could hope for, given me more than I could ask for. And for everything you have done for me, I thank you. Our love is of the emotional kind, with all the strings attached. It exceeds hatred in every dimension. I hope you have enjoyed our time together as much as I have. Take care of yourself, because we will meet again. Next time, I will bring someone with me, and fall in love all over again with you by my side.
Je t'aime,
Joy


TEXAS, here I come!!!

No comments: